quarta-feira, janeiro 23, 2002

Wuthering Heights

Out on hate wiley, windy moors We’d roll and fall in green you had a temper, like my jealousy too hot, too greedy How could you leave me? When I needed to possess you, I hate you, I love too…
Bad dreams in the night they told me I was going to lose the fight leave behind my Wuthering, Wuthering, Wuthering Heights. Heathecliff / It’s me Cathy / Come home, I’m so cold. Let me in-a-your window. Oh, It gets dark, it gets lonely. On the other side from you. I pine a lot, I find the lot falls through without you. I’m coming back , love. Cruel Heathcliff. My one dream, my only master… too long. I soam in the night, I’m coming back ti his side to put it right / I’m coming home to Wuthering, Wuthering, Wuthering Heights. Heathecliff / It’s me Cathy / Come home, I’m so cold. Let me in-a-your window. Oh, Let me have it, let me grab your soul away. Know it’s me Cathy…


(Kate Bush)

Essa música gravada por Kate Bush conta à história de um romance de Emily Brontë, O Morro dos ventos uivantes, que fala de um casal de jovens primos apaixonados que por causa da sua diferença
social, não conseguem ficar juntos. Além de contar sobre os desencontros de suas famílias.Esse romance foi adaptado para as telas de cinema e quem interpreta Cathy é a atriz francesa Juliette Binoche e Heathcliff foi interpretado pelo mesmo ator de O paciente inglês (filme onde eles contracenam juntos novamente) Ralph Fiennes. A história é muito bonita e nada clichê, eu recomendo a música, o livro e o filme. Essa música foi regravada pela banda de rock Angra, na voz de André Matos que parece muito com a voz da cantora original.

“De vez em quando, para fazer-nos mal os instrumentos das trevas dizem-nos verdades; conquistam-nos com bagatelas, para trai-nos com conseqüências muito mais graves”.
--Shakespeare, Macbeth
“Aquele que luta com monstros deve acautelar-se; para não se tornar também um monstro. Quando se olha muito tempo para o abismo, o abismo olha para você”.
--Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, “Além do bem e do mal”.

Glory of love
Tonight it’s very clear, as we’re both lying, here. There’s so many things I want to say. I will always love you I wouls never leave you alone. Sometimes I just forget, say things I mighit regret, it breaks my heart to see you crying, I don’t want to lose you. I could never make it alone. I am a man who will fight for your honor. I’ll be the hero you’re dreaming of we’ll live forever knowing together that we, did it all for the glory of love.
You’ll keep me standing tall you’ll help me through it all. I am always needed you. I colud never make it alone. I am a man who will fight for you honor I’ll be the hero you’we been dreaming of we’ll live forever knowing together that we, it all for the glory of love. just like a knight in shining armor from a long time ago just in time I’ll save the day take you to my castte far away. I am a man… we did it for love.


Essa música faz parte da trilha sonora do filme, Karate Kid, que conta à história de um jovem que resolve aprender essa arte marcial para resolver seus problemas e acaba fazendo um grande amigo. O ator que vive o protagonista da história é Ralph Macchio, esse filme fez a cabeça de muita gente na década de 80 e essa música foi especial para muitos casais. Quem com mais de 20 anos não se pegou cantarolando-a, Glory of love me trais boas lembranças.


“Os bons querem poder; mas para enxugar lágrimas inúteis. Os poderosos querem bondade; inútil para eles. Os sábios querem amor, e aqueles que amam anseiam pela sabedoria”.
--P. B. Shelly, “Prometeu libertado”.

“Apenas os livres possuem disposição para serem confiáveis, apenas os confiáveis possuem o interesse para serem justos, apenas os justos possuem a força de vontade para serem livres”.
--W. H. Auden, “In time of war: Conmentary”.

“De vez em quando a gente precisa sacudir a árvore das amizades para caírem as podes”.
--Mário da Silva Brito

Sem comentários: